Thursday, May 6, 2010

School Visit

I went to my school yesterday and worked with my third grade class. I started Debbie off with some poetry, which was her first time working with me doing third grade work. Since she's very behind on her reading, I gave her two short poems to read to me, each one she had to read twice. Although there was a few words she needed help with, she did very well. Curtis read some of the longer poems, and he read very well. He's gotten much better at showing expression when he's reading instead of just reading "like a robot," which is when you read the words off the page without fully understanding them. I made him repeat both of his poems as well. After that we played candy land, and even though they usually don't play well together and get worked up if the other one is winning, they were very relaxed today and had fun with the game. Debbie kept answering my questions in Spanish, which she's been doing a lot lately, but then she usually re-translates what she's saying into English because 75% of the time I can't understand her.

No comments:

Post a Comment