Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Kliewer Article

I found this reading to be very interesting and I liked it a lot. I personally am going to concentrate in special ed, and it's good to read an article on special ed children in the classroom and know a little bit more about it. What I liked most about this article was what Shayne Robbins did with her classroom, and I admire how she was able to really connect with her students, especially Isaac who went through a lot of difficulty doing things as minor as flipping a page. The way she was able to understand Isaac's behavior and learn more about the way he thought and all of his actions is very inspiring. Shayne always knew exactly was Isaac was trying to say and she was always able to make sense of his actions and what he was doing and I think that it's very important to be able to connect with your students on that level and get them to able to participate in class and such when they find it very difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment