Tuesday, February 16, 2010

School visit

Friday was my first day visiting my school. Meghan and I carpooled there and we arrived at 9 a.m. At first I was a little nervous, but then as i entered my classroom I got very excited to be there. My teacher that I'm working with is named Mr. Willie Wonka and I'm in a third grade classroom working with two boys on reading. There is also an assistant teacher in my classroom named Ms. Bucket. While I was there, my class went to the book store and browsed for quite a bit, and then when they got back to the classroom it was time for a school assembly, and since I didn't get my training done right away, I didn't get to work with the kids at all. What I did do in the classroom before my training was I helped Mr. Wonka file papers and put children's worksheets in the appropriate folders. Overall, I think it was a good first visit and I am eager to go back when they children get back from their vacation.

1 comment:

  1. I love the names you gave them. Thats sucks you didnt get to work with the kids. It is so much fun going to the school and seeing the kids faces.

    ReplyDelete